Monday, November 22, 2010

Finally plugged in




Sorry folks for the delay, I haven't found an outlet for the waffle iron until now!!!
I have not had enough time or interest in this blog until now. The Monhegan Madness blog covers most activities at the school and some extra topics to. But this time I beat them too the punch.

100IM!!!!
Saturday, Nov 20th, 2010. My second Swim meet ever started at 12:30pm and was one of the best things I have ever done. I entered three different races; the first was a 100yrd IM, the second was a 50yrd freestyle, and the final race was a 50yrd breaststroke.
The 100yrd IM came up quickly and I almost missed it. I can't remember much about the swim because the adrenaline wipes some of the race from my memory, but I CAN remember getting out of the pool, looking at the score board, and seeing, lane 8 first place on the score board. The joy in my chest was overwhelming at my first place in my heat. Then the worry kicked in, and I could not get the feeling out that I would get disqualified for a wrong finish, start, of turn.

Almost there!!!!
Half an hour passed by and it was ready to start my 50yrd freestyle. I got up on the diving block at lane 2 and dived into the water at the sound of the beep. Again I don't remember much, only the struggle for breath and speed, but when I came out of the pool I saw, Lane 2: first place. I almost screamed for joy as my Mom gave me a high five. I even got a few compliments from fellow team members (which doesn't happen much).

And that's the Score for the 100IM!
Then comes the boring part, an hour and a half of sitting around waiting for my 50yrd breaststroke. This race I remember the most of, especially seeing only the calmness of the pool water out of the corner of my eyes. This finally made sense to me when I saw on the score board, Lane 5: first place.
I went back to the place we were staying, with the feeling of victory in my chest. I have a tendency of getting cocky when I win but this time I held it in. Also, if you are worried I got disqualified, don't worry I didn't.

Dr. Waffles unplugging

1 comment:

  1. If it hard to read please notify me and tell me what might help

    ReplyDelete